Methods of teaching
1. Vietnamese Language - Indicators of success: CLEAR, CONFIDENT and CONCISE SPEECH
- Visual and kinesthetic method: using visual aids and physical activities such as pictures, cartoons, objects, body language, videos, games etc to explain vocabulary or grammar.
Communicative-based method: conducting class activities based on realistic communication and social situation.Pair work and teamwork activities to promote a fun atmosphere, participation, co-operation, tolerance and healthy competition.
- Grammar-based method: instructing from the grammar notes that are used in the topics, with practice and presenting.
Feedback: The homework activities are intended as an opportunity for mutual exchange and enrichment among students and between student and teacher.Teacher's error correction strategies vary according to the class situation.
Main textbooks:VSL 1/2/3/4, Nguyen Van Hue (eds. TranThi Minh Gioi, NguyenThi Ngoc Han, Thach Ngoc Minh); Vietnam National University - HCMC Publishing House, 2013.Each lesson in the textbook includes dialogue, vocabulary, grammar practice and development, task-based activities, narratives and situation dialogues to improve comprehension, and exercises to help students develop reading and writing skills. Student participation is required.
2. Vietnamese Studies:
The Vietnamese Culture Program focuses on topics such as Vietnamese cuisine, regional culture, craft village culture,
3. Tests and Certificates: Indicators of success
- A placement test is required of students from Elementary 2 upwards.
- Student take mid-term and final tests to track their learning progress.
Certificates: Testing of Vietnamese Language Communication Certificate
- There are 6 levels of Vietnamese Language Communication Certificate:
- Lower Elementary; Elementary; Upper Elementary; Lower Intermediate; Intermediate; Upper Intermediate;
- Advanced levels: The certificate is issued according to the student’s field of study and exam mark.
Certificate of Attendance:
This certificate (with the number of class hours) is issued on request for students who have completed their course.Please note: This certificate can only be re-issued within 10 years of the last day of the course.
- Transcript: A transcript is only issued for students who have taken the final exam. It will be signed by Center Director.